Cybrexa is seeking a self-motivated, energetic and creative biologist with hands-on experience in oncology & immunology, to take part in the development of novel therapeutics in oncology and reporting to the biology manager.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
As a Research Histologist/ Scientist, this position will provide technical immuno-histochemistry (IHC) support for the development and characterization of small moleculesand peptides to the team. The role will be laboratory based, working within the in vivopharmacology team to support the evaluation of pre-clinical pharmacology studies. This will involve using IHC to characterize mouse tumor models and evaluate bio-marker and efficacy responses following therapeutic drug testing. The candidate will also play a role in supporting our immuno-phenotyping capabilities for mouse tumor models of cancer, including developing multiplex IHC assays, and fluorescence applications. The Candidate should have extensive experience in performing pharmacology experiments to aid in the design of pre-clinical studies. Additional responsibilities will include the following work:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Apply scientific expertise and drug discovery experience to impact existing and future new drug candidate development
- Maintain a ‘cutting edge’ awareness of technical developments and scientific knowledge.
- Conduct studies to increase confidence in rationale for new approaches, and hence support new idea generation and clinical proof of concept studies.
- Provide in vivo experimental support
- Support collaborative, translational pharmacology and PKPD initiatives.
- Prepare written reports and present scientific data at appropriate scientific meetings (internal and external).
The candidate should have at least a BS/MS degree with 5+ years of industry experience in biological sciences or biochemistry, with demonstrated scientific excellence. Previous experience in working drug discovery programs to develop compounds from the pre-clinical to the clinical setting would be preferred but not required.